Happy summer solstice and International Yoga Day. I hope you manage to spend some of this longest, lightest, brightest summer’s day doing what you love the most. I’ve been in the writing cave recently and have a brand new plant-based e-cook book that I’m delighted to share. It’s packed full of my favorite recipes that I use all the time and also share with my clients to help them achieve their health and fitness goals. The latest research on eating a plant-based diet is really staggering, not just in terms of heart-health, diabetes and cancer but also on helping people to get their weight down and lose body fat. The latest research shows that people who eat a high-quality plant-based diet (not chips and candy!) are healthier, lighter and leaner. So whether you’re looking to go completely plant-based or just to cut down on the amount of animal protein that you currently eat, I hope that you’ll find some of these recipes useful and inspiring and that you’ll enjoy making and eating them as much as myself and my clients have.
This juncture of the summer solstice is an auspicious time for intention setting, so where would you like to be in six months time with your health, well-being and fitness goals when we’re at the winter solstice? I wish you every success on your path, here’s one of my favorite recipes to wet your appetite:
Raw vegan chocolate and lime cheesecake
For the base
½ cup cacao butter melted 2 tbsp cacao nibs
2 tbsp cacao powder 2 tbsp maple syrup
¼ cup ground almonds 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
For the filling
11/2 cups cashews soaked for 3 hrs 1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup + 1/8 cup maple syrup 1/16 tsp Himalayan salt
¼ + 1/8 cup coconut oil melted ¼ tsp spirulina
¼ cup lime juice
Toppings: Cacao nibs, lime zest, pistachios, desiccated coconut
- Line a 7 inch cake tine with baking paper
- Make the base by mixing the base ingredients together
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin then cover and place in the freezer the set for 20 minutes
- Make the filling by placing all of the filling ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove the base from the freezer and pour the filling over the base then place back in the freezer covered for 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer then slice into 6 or 8 pieces and enjoy.
Free sample e-cook-book
I hope you’re doing so well and enjoying the light. I’ve been worshiping Surya the Sun God (in between the rain!!) during my morning practices and classes over the past few weeks with Surya Namaskar and giving thanks for all the bounty the Sun provides. I’ve been feeling the rising solar energy since Beltane and have been in the writing cave honoring the shakti coming through to put down onto paper plant-based nutrition wisdom. I have a free gift for you as a valued member of my community and as a taster for my 7-day e-cook book. Throughout my 15 year career as a personal trainer people often come to me with the goal of trimming down and reducing their body-fat. Diet is obviously a key part of what we look at together and clients often ask me ‘What should I eat?’ My new e-cook book is a collection of some of my favorite plant-based recipes that are specifically designed to help people answer that question and to reach their goals. Add your name and email address below to sign-up for my newsletter and receive a free-sample of the recipes.
What you’ll gain:
By signing up to my newsletter to receive my free e-cook book, you’ll gain the following:
- 2-days worth of recipes. That’s 8 delicious plant-based meals including breakfast, lunch, dessert and dinner options
- Recipes that are quick and simple to make
- Food choices that can be taken with you to work for lunch
- Recipes that are ideal for those following a yogic or sattvic diet
- Recipes that will help you to lose-weight and feel great!
By investing in my e-cook book you’ll gain the following:
– 7-days of delicious plant-based recipes including breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert options that are simple and easy to make – 25 recipes in total!
– Save up to £300 + per month!! By switching to making these recipes instead of eating out
– Lose-weight and body-fat
– Yogic recipes that are onion and garlic free. Perfect for those following a yogic path who want to eat a Sattvic diet
– All of my recipes are refined sugar-free and gluten-free
– They’re all made using natural, unprocessed whole-foods
Book a session
If you enjoy plant-based cooking and you’d like to see how yoga, meditation or personal training can complement your healthy-eating habits email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book a private session or call 07739 397377
A yoga and meditation teacher based in the heart of London.