“Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference” – Serenity Prayer
Meditation is one of the solutions to the needs of our time. It stimulates the brain to induce a process of healing and relaxation, which involves the release of hormones. Meditation brings the body into a state of rest and relaxation, reduces stress and slows the ageing process. Using the skills of meditation upon the phyiscal body allows us to change the way we act and feel. It gives us powerful tools for re-scripting painful thoughts and emotions into positive ones. Here are some statistics and benefits you can expect to experience from having a regular meditation practice.
- Meditators have 50% less cancer and 80% less heart disease than non-meditators
- Meditation is the only activity that reduces blood lactate, a marker of stress and anxiety
- 75% of insomniacs were able to sleep normally when they meditated
- Meditators secrete more of the youth related hormone DHEA as they age than non meditators. This heops decrease stress, heighten memory, preserve sexual function and control weight.
- An increased sense of peace
- Being happy for no apparent reason
- An increased clarity of mind
- An increased ability to concentrate
- Increased will-power and stamina
- Development of your intuition
- An inner questioning of your own nature
Private meditation and corporate classes available . Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book.
” I have found the meditation classes very calming. We are all really bad about taking time out of our busy schedules to focus on clearing out our minds in order to relax. Meditation has given me some keys skills to be able to do this.”
Kirsty Allen – Solicitor Kingsley Napley
For me meditation is a perfect way to end a busy day at work and the classes leave me feeling peaceful and happy. After a few weeks practice it’s already becoming easier to switch off and just be still for those few minutes. Afterwards I sleep really well and find it much easier to stay calm and concentrate the next day.
It helps that Claire has a lovely teaching style and the way she gently guides us through each step, with clear explanations and demonstrations, makes it easy to follow along in class and repeat the practice on my own at home.
Claire Fox – Legal Information Professional
” All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone” – Blaise Pascal